The Bamboo Salt is made by putting sea salt into cases made from bamboo trunks with 3 years of growth. Damyang is called ‘Bamboo Village’ because as the saying goes, “if there are Bamboo trees, there is a village and if there is village, there are bamboo trees”. Damyang is the place that has the most suitable environment and geographical conditions for Bamboo groves in Korea. The county has produced many qualified bamboo products and has been producing before Joseon dynasty ever came into existence. Damyang bamboo is being exported to multiple countries like China, Japan and the United States. Damyang bamboo salt is produced from selected excellent bamboo trees and is heated several times at high temperatures to remove harmful components from the body.
What is bamboo salt?
Bamboo salt is made through a unique ancient method based on the theory of The Five Elements.
Wood, Fire, Earth, Metal, and Water
- Add your content...The natural sea salt from the Coast of South Korea is harvested
- The sun dried natural sea salt is filled into bamboo trunk from Damyang
- The opening side of bamboo is sealed with red clay taken from deep mountain sand from 10 -15 meters depth. Which will have rich minerals and low impurities
- The bamboo salt is roasted or burned at 900℃ to 1500℃ to remove the impurities and heavy metals. Meanwhile, the minerals and trace elements from the red clay and bamboo trunk are condensed into the bamboo salt.
- The 1-time roasted bamboo salt has done.
- The bamboo ash is cleaned up. The bamboo salt is then grinned into powder form and filled into a new bamboo trunk
- sealed with red clay for next burning process (repeated burning process, increase the good mineral content and eliminate bad mineral i.e heavy metals).
- The 3-time roasted and 6-times roasted bamboo salt is white-greyish in color.
- After the 9th burn, it is transformed into purple color and found to have the highest efficacy.
- The scientist believes the change of color is due to rearrangement of the suphur molecule into the hexagonal shape.
- Ancient wisdom suggests bamboo salt in this form preserves the high amount of healing energy.
History of Bamboo Salt
Bamboo Salt (also known as Jukyeom) originates from Korea. It was originally developed by Korean doctors and monks almost 1,000 years ago as a folk medicinal remedy for various illnesses. The Bamboo Salt is made by putting sea salt into cases made from bamboo trunks with 3 years of growth.
- Anti-allergic Function
- Anti-cancer Function
- Anti-obesity Function
- Dental Preventing or fix and Preventive Care
- Anti-inflammatory Function
- Preventive Care for Salmonella Enteritidis
- Preventing or fix and Preventive Care for Candida | Yeast Infection
- Reducer of Chemotherapy Side-Effects
- Preventive Care for the Ear
- Anti-gastric Ulcer Prevention
- Preventing or fix Arthritis
- Preventing or fix Sore Throat
Nutritional Values of Bamboo Salt
From scientific research, it has been found that Bamboo Salt contains more than 70 kinds of minerals due to the leaching of minerals from the bamboo tree trunks, fire and the red clay. Amongst all the minerals, the main components of Bamboo Salt are calcium, phosphorus, magnesium, iron, manganese, copper, and potassium, zinc. At the same time, it is high in sulfur as a result of the bamboo tree trunk. This makes Bamboo Salt a highly alkaline food in contrast to all the other salts which are acidic. This also makes Bamboo Salt a great neutralizer of which we will discuss more in detail later in the article.